Sunday, April 25, 2010

Deluxe Waste Vegetable Oil (WVO) Conversion kit - Made and Sold

I assembled, tested and sold my first "Deluxe" waste vegetable oil conversion kit today. Sorta exciting. These kits really work well and I feel I have a best deal out there for a Semi-Automatic conversion kit. I actually have filed a provisional patent for these conversion kits (utilizing bimetallic snap switches to control switching to wvo), which gives me 1 year to file an official patent if I feel it worth the time and expense. This kit includes everything needed to convert a vehicle for under $600, a 16 plate stainless steel heat exchanger, dual high flow strainer/filter combo, automatic 3-way solenoid valve, 200 watt 12 v electric fuel heater, temperature switch (bimetallic snap switch), two relays (allows for the use of lower amperage "control" power for switching and routing through the ignition switch), indicator lights and manual switches. I recorded a complete video for my website. I had a someone comment that the pictures I had posted previously did not do my system justice so I made sure to thoroughly document this kit before I sold it. He said that the heaters looked like they were wrapped in tinfoil, and I admit, they do, but they are not, they are thoroughly insulated and wrapped with high temperature aluminum tape.

In general interest is growing in the use of WVO, tied obviously to the rising price of fuel. I predict diesel will break $4.15/gal this summer (and have a few wagers on this prediction), when this happens, interest and demand in my products will grow exponentially. I have one large equipment business owner wanting to enter a partnership to provide wvo fuel to his fleet of vehicles including wvo conversions (his company uses 500 gallons of diesel per WEEK). He believes we will reach peak oil "way sooner than most people expect" as do I, and he is making efforts to prepare and increase his self reliance. I met him selling him berry plants (over $900 worth). I also have several people interested in converting and am also now selling custom 12 volt electric heaters, I have a three stage heater underway right now for a farmer in Saksatechwan for off grid use (12 v only). I am supposed to get that out ASAP, plus I have my BIGGEST online order in my truck right now that needs to ship ASAP Monday (300 plants in total for over $1000) and I have 26 E-Bay orders that need to ship too, and guess when, ASAP :)

3 comments:

  1. Great video! It gives a really great overview of your kit. Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for your comments! let me know when you are ready to get a diesel and go with WVO!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Neck and neck with Sydney, the consensus is that Melbourne's bar and nightclub scene wins by a nose in the mind CBD for dogs of most punters. Some of the world's best cocktail lounges can be found here, along with some heart pounding nightclubs and underground venues. If you like the nightlife, then forget the rest, Melbourne is the place to be.

    ReplyDelete